Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Welcome fashion lovers!

I am Seattle Shop Girl, and I have never met a piece of clothing that I didn't like...or at least that I didn't appreciate. Apparel originated out of necessity, to shield the human body from the elements. And from its very beginnings it was embellished, styled, and given significance. Not only could it keep the wearer warm when it was cold and cool when it was hot outside, but it could also identify what tribe they came from, what position they held in society, and what their livelihood was. Fabrics and skins were used to cover the human form and at the same time to enhance it and make it more beautiful. One of my very favorite things about clothing is that it is one of few common threads (so to speak) that is shared by EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the planet. Even in societies where "sweaters" and "jeans" are nonexistent, the body is covered to varying degrees, is decorated and is adorned. It is a daily part of the human experience. From the most breathtakingly beautiful couture gown to the most painfully paired leopard legging/stripe hoodie combo pictured in some "what-not-to-wear" spread, each apparel creation and style choice gives us something to talk about, provides inspiration, or tantalizes our senses through shape, color, movement, and meaning. I have dedicated my life to the study and design of fashion and style, and to sharing my passion with anyone who will listen. Welcome to my brand new fashion blog...and let's talk shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment