Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lovely, Luscious, Lascivious Lips

"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick." - Gwyneth Paltrow

I have always loved red lipstick. It's fierce, sexy, playful and bold - and what self respecting girly-girl doesn't want to live those adjectives?? Yet despite my love affair with a crimson kisser, I've never been able to effectively pull it off. Mere minutes after application, the color seeps outside the lines and smudges onto my chin, fingers, and scarf...and if I'm hanging out with you, it's probably on your scarf too. No amount of lip liner or primer does the trick - I look like a tore-up-from-the-floor-up hussy, whether that was my intended fashion statement for the day or not....UNTIL NOW!

Thanks to a gal I shop with who is forever flawlessly rocking the brightest red, pink, and plum lip shades (even in her workout gear!), I - and you too!! - now have access to the perfect persimmon pout! Last week said client told me about a new Sephora product - SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain. It applies with a gloss wand, like a lush and creamy lipstick, and transforms into a vibrant lip stain in a flash! I ran right out and bought one and now, three hours after applying matte-finish 'Always Red', I am still going strong - the stain is exactly where I put it, and nowhere else! I suspect reapplication at hour four will keep me feeling fresh and fabulous - but who am I to poo-poo a little maintenance for sheer pucker perfection?

Head on out there, fashionistas, and snatch one up - at $12 a tube, it's slightly more than a couple of lattes and lasts FAR longer! (Plus it comes in a variety of shades and in matte and satin finishes - play away!!)

One thing to note: unless your hitting a costume party or the runway, when wearing a bold lip, make sure to keep eye makeup and blush to a minimum, lest you summon visions of red, curly wigs and big, floppy shoes. Check out the pic of Anne Hathaway, below - she didn't forget the brows and lashes, but stuck with neutral tones on her cheeks and eyes - the perfect red lip look for day!

No comments:

Post a Comment